Looking for a differentiated and exciting way to practice reading rhythms? Use Rhythm Basketball and bounce to the beat! Obtain enough basketballs, tennis balls, non-pitched instruments, or other bouncing balls and use the provided slides to practice and perform rhythms with some of your students’ favorite songs! You can use these fun pop play alongs to reinforce reading and performing whole note, half note, quarter note, and eighth note notation. You can also use this activity to review concepts such as measures, double bar lines, improvisation, and more! This is a great way to get your students reading rhythm!
Included in this set:
- Detailed, editable lesson plans with Georgia standards and National NAfME standards for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade
- Fun and engaging PowerPoint slides
- “In the Hall of the Mountain King” by Edvard Grieg
- “Hair Up” (In the Hall of the Mountain King Remix) by Justin Timberlake, Savan Kotecha, Shellback, and Max Martin.
- “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr.
- “Spooky Scary Skeletons” by Andrew Gold (Includes 2 versions: one version with the original song and one version with the popular remix “Spooky Scary Skeletons Remix” by Andrew Gold)
- Instructions on how to time your PowerPoint slides to auto advance along with the music
- Also includes a download link to slide decks compatible with Google Slides™️ for all four songs (PowerPoint is recommended if you want to program auto-advance with a song)
NOTE: You will NOT receive the audio files (this would violate copyright law!), but I have directed you on where to purchase the files on iTunes and how to attach them to PowerPoint.